Thursday, October 8, 2020

Something Yummy

 Fall is fresh apple season - welcome fall! When we were kids, one or our chores was to pick the apples that grew on the trees in our back yard. This wasn't necessarily one of our favourite chores and there may or may not have been a few rotten apple fights over the years.


Annie's Bushel from High Hopes brought back some fun memories! Somehow these apples magically made it in to fresh apple pie, apple crisp and apple dumplings. We weren't complaining about picking them then <wink> so I decided to create a pocket on my card front that holds one of these amazing recipes. 




I stamped Annie with tuxedo black Memento ink, coloured her up with Copic markers and hand fussy cut her leaving a thin white edge. Patterned paper from Bo Bunny was perfect and I inked all of the edges to help them pop a little. 

Next I measured the recipe card and cut a piece of card stock (an inch larger than I needed it) and scored it at half an inch on one side and the ends to create my pocket. I glued it down and added a matching pull tab to the corner of the recipe. I cut the patterned paper and added an apple eyelet - thank you Cheri! A simple ribbon bow and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Annie's Bushel - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment: Something Yummy - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Kiss The Cook - Bo Bunny


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, white gel pen, enamel dots, apple - Eyelet Outlet, antique linen distress ink


 Copic Markers:


Skin -E00 E21 E11

Hair, Shoes, Basket - E35 E34 E29 C2 C3 C5

Nose - N5 N6 N10

Apples - R24 R29 R89

Dress, Bow - YR20 YR21 YR23 C1


                                                               

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


No comments: