Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Let's Celebrate with Yertle Turtle

 Happy Wednesday HH Fans!!

I'm so excited to share the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Re-Release of 9 adorable images that have been retired for sometime.  This release is aptly named "Let's Celebrate"....the images are all about celebrating.

Today I have one of my favourites to share....this cutie is called "Yertle Turtle".  I paired Yertle with our "Make A Wish" sentiment.


When I was a kid I had a little turtle that I loved dearly.  My Mom picked up a cool bowl for him at a yard sale, it came complete with some stones & other turtle stuff.  He was my friend, I talked to him & read stories to him and I loved to watch him eat.  Back in those days we didn't have the internet of course, so my source for learning about how to care for a turtle came from going to the library & writing down all the information I could gather.  So needless to say I just love turtles....live frogs not so much...turtles move at more my speed lol!

I colored Yertle with Copics...here's the list:

Body - YG17, YG13, YG11

Shell - YG67, YG17, YG13

Balloon & Hat Orange - Y38, Y18, Y17

Balloon & Hat Blue - B39, B37, B34

Cheek - R01

Grounding - Y38, Y17, Y15

I made the mat behind the image with watercolor paper, distress inks (green, yellow & orange) & some splats of water for texture.

Extra stuff - Echo Park Birthday Salutations patterned paper 6 x 6 pad, White Gel Pen, Blue/White Twine, Green Enamel Dots, also used a couple of dies but can't remember the names.

I hope you will go take a peak at the other 8 images that go with this release.  You can find them all HERE

Happy stampin'!

Siggy

No comments: