Wednesday, January 15, 2020

And They Lived Happily Ever After!

It’s Wednesday, and I am back to share a wedding card with you. Love is in the air and who doesn't love weddings? LOL! This week, I used Just Married - S070 for my main image and Lived Happily Ever After - G012 for the sentiment.


I decided to create a scene of the couple driving down the road as they are beginning their new journey as newlyweds. No worries, except a long open road and green pastures ahead.

To create the card I first stamped the image onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card and then used My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out to die cut it out. Then I took a lead pencil and lightly drew in the lines for a road. I wanted the road to curve in order to imitate the couple going on a long journey. I coloured the image in with Copic markers. For the grass, I used various shades of green and then Copic Colourless blending solution and an old face cloth that had ridges on it. I added some of the blending solution to the cloth and lightly tapped it everywhere over the grass. I did this first as I didn't want the solution to go over the main image.

After the image was all coloured in I mounted the image onto Recollections - Cranberry Cardstock and cut around it to make it square. Next I used 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to pop it up over the gold paper that I had die cut earlier using the same die cuts from My Creative Time.

The card is 6" x 6" AC White cardstock. I die cut K&C Company - Kelly Panacci - KP Valentine - 30-599345 with Heartfelt Creations - Fleur Border Basics - HCD1-7120 and the ran the die cuts through my Xyron Creative Station which enabled me to make stickers out of the die cuts. Then I mounted them on the card. I love the effect that they created. I also die cut some hearts using Sizzix Framelets by Stephanie Barnard - 562676 - Hearts Dotted using Recollections - Cranberry Cardstock. I ran the cardstock through the Xyron - Create A Sticker first to make it easier to just peel off the backs for the hearts and place them on the card.

I stamped the sentiment and mounted it on top of the gold paper and then popped it up on the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Just Married - S070 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Lived Happily Ever After - G012 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Recollections - Cranberry Cardstock, K&C Company - Kelly Panacci - KP Valentine - 30-599345, Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper 12" x 12", AC Cardstock - White

Die Cuts: My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out, Sizzix Framelets by Stephanie Barnard - 562676 - Hearts Dotted, Heartfelt Creations - Fleur Border Basics - HCD1-7120

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, Xyron Creative Station, Xyron Create a Sticker

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Hair: E49, E47, E45, E43, E29, E27, E25, E23
Skin: E11, E01, E00
Car: R59, R37, R35, R27, R24, C3, C1
Daisies and Leaves: Y08, G14, G09, G07, C0
Tires and Jacket: Black, W9, W7, W5
Grass: G17, G14, G09, G07, YG13, YG07. YG03
Road: C5, C4, C3, C2, C1
Cans: R59, R37, R35, B26, B24, B23
Boot: E27, E25, E23
Shoe: B29, B23, B04, B02

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!
You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.




No comments: