Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Nuts About You!

Welcome High Hopes Rubber Stamps Fans!

It’s Wednesday, and this week at High Hopes Rubber Stamps love is in the air! LOL! This week, I used this adorable little elephant called  Peeking Ellie With Heart - P127 for the main image and Nuts About You - F128 for the sentiment!


The card base is 5-1/2" x 4-1/4 inches on white cardstock. I stamped the image using Memento - Tuxedo Black ink and then coloured in the image with Copic markers. Then I fussy cut around the image only leaving a thin slice of white in a few areas. Where I had trimmed the paper closest to the image, I outlined it with black marker.

Next, after running scrap pieces of paper through my Xyron Create a Sticker, I die cut the heart border using Sizzix Framelets by Stephanie Barnard - 562676 - Hearts Dotted. I also used the same die cut to cut out the big heart. Then I taped the metal die cut and the paper down onto a piece of cardboard so that I could colour the big heart and still leave a white border. Once the heart was coloured, I covered "about you" with some Scotch Tape and then stamped "I'm nuts". I repeated the process only this time, I covered "I'm nuts" with the Scotch Tape and then stamped "about you" below it. Of course, I removed the tape each time before stamping.

I cut out the red contrasting paper and patterned paper with Your Next Stamp - Stitched Rectangle Die Set (YNSD214).

Now it was time to put it all together. I mounted the red rectangle directly onto the base. I mounted the patterned rectangle onto some white cardstock and used my cutter to create a thin white border all the way around it. Then, I popped up the rectangle, Ellie and the big heart with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape.

Lastly, to finish it off, I added the border sticker to the bottom of the first rectangle and hearts that I created earlier.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Peeking Ellie With Heart - P127 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Nuts About You - F128 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, K&C Company - Kelly Panacci - KP Valentine - 30-599345, K&C Company - Kelly Panacci - KP Valentine - 30-599338

Die Cuts: Sizzix Framelets by Stephanie Barnard - 562676 - Hearts Dotted, Your Next Stamp - Stitched Rectangle Die Set (YNSD214)

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, Xyron Create a Sticker

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Elephant: C5, C3, C2, C1, R30, R22, R20, R01, B00

Hearts: R29, R27, R24, R22
Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!
You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: