Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Believe!!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a Christmas card using Believe Snowman - TFL006 and Snow Globe - ULF002 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and North Pole Greetings - GLL005 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. It's time to start believing the magic of Christmas and the joy that it brings to everyone!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base using AC Cardstock - White cut and folded to 6" x 6". The snowflake background is from Lawn Fawn - Let It Shine Snowflakes (6" x 6") paper pad. I applied this directly to the base using double-sided tape.

Using Lifestyle Crafts Cutting Dies - Nesting Circles and my Cuttlebug, I die cut a 3.75" circle from Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card paper. With my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the snowman scene image onto it. I coloured in the image with Copic markers and then added some snow to the sky and snowman's arms using a Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen. Sakura Glaze - Black was added to the eyes of the snowman and birds and the snowman's mouth. With a Ranger - Emboss It Pen Clear, I added some ink to the top of the Snowman's hat, sign, icicles, tops of the birdhouses and snow drifts and then heat embossed everything with WOW! Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter and a Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool. Stickles - Diamond was added as an extra layer to the snow and Wink of Stella - Clear was applied over all the snowman. This was then set aside to dry.

With my MISTI and Memento - Summer Sky ink I stamped the top part of the globe onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card paper. I cleaned off the stamp and this time, I used some Post-it Notes to hide the background inside the globe and inked the braided border for both the top and bottom of the base with Versamark ink. I applied Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing powder and heat embossed it using a Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool. With my globe image still in place on my MISTI, I removed the snowglobe stamp and added the sentiment turning up both ends of the stamp slightly to give the words some curvature. The sentiment was stamped using Versamark ink and then Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing powder was applied to it and then heat embossed using a Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool. The base was then coloured in using my Copic markers and a Gelly Roll Stardust - Clear pen was used to colour in the white areas to give it some glitter. I also added some of this pen to the tops of the snowman's arms. With my scissors, I fussy cut around the entire snow globe.

The card was now ready to assemble. I attached 3M double-side tape to pop up the snow globe onto the main background and then added 3M double-sided tape to the back of the circle and centred it on the top part of the globe. Lastly, to finish off the card, I applied some Nuvo Crystal Drops - Caribbean Ocean, Violet Galaxy and Nuvo Glitter Drops - Sherbert Shimmer to some of the snowflakes on the base card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Believe Snowman - TFL006 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), Snow Globe - ULF002 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: North Pole Greetings - GL005 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Memento - Summer Sky ink, Versamark

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, AC Cardstock - White, Lawn Fawn - Let It Shine Snowflakes (6" x 6")

Die Cut: Lifestyle Crafts Cutting Dies - Nesting Circles

Stickles: Diamond

Nuvo: Crystal Drops - Caribbean Ocean, Violet Galaxy and Glitter Drops - Sherbert Shimmer

Embossing Powder:Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing powder, WOW! Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool, Cuttlebug, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen, Ranger - Emboss It Pen Clear, Sakura Glaze - Black pen, Gelly Roll Stardust - Clear pen

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Snowman: B60, C1, C00, Colorless Blender

Hat and Buttons: C10, C8, C6, C4

Arms and Sign: E27, E25, E23, E21

Scarves, Patches, Hat Band: RV66, RV63, RV55, BG09, BG07, BG02, BG01

Bird Houses: RV66, RV63, RV55, BG09, BG07, BG02, BG01, E27, E25, E23, E21

Birds: R46, R14, R08

Sky: B99, B97, B95, B93, B91

Snow: B60, C1, C00, B0000, BG0000, Colorless Blender

Snow Globe: R46, R14, R08

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: