Thursday, October 14, 2021

Moo-rry Christmas

  Growing up I spent my summer vacations on my uncle's dairy farm or some friends of mine who lived on dairy farms. Cows weren't necessarily my favourite animal but the more time I spent milking and feeding them I realized that they all had their own personalities. My uncle and friends always had their favourites and I soon grew to love a few as well - her name was Betsy <smile>

"Charlie's Tag" and all of the Charlie stamps in the It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas release bring back some fun memories and make me smile!







                                                                       
After stamping Charlie with Memento Tuxedo black ink, I coloured him using Copic markers and added some bling to his hat with Stickles and to the lights with a clear Spectrum Sparkle pen. Next I masked off the sentiment and stamped the two words separately and then hand fussy cut him leaving a thin white edge. 
I decided to do an A2 size card and cut the front of it in half to create a "barn door" for my tag to sit on. The tag reminds me of some of the ways we would decorate the barn doors for Christmas.
I loved the barn board paper in the Jingle All The Way paper pad from Echo Park and also added some plaid from the Tartan paper set from Whimsy. On the inside I cut a white piece of card stock so I had room to write some Christmas wishes before giving the card. 
Next I die cut some holly leaves and snowflakes and added them to three corners. Some enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Charlie's Tag - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Moo-rry Christmas - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Jingle All The Way - Echo Park, Tartan - Whimsy 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, Star Dust Stickles, clear Spectrum Sparkle Pen, holly die - YNS, snowflake die - Memory Box, enamel dots 


 Copic Markers:

Spots- N4 N5 N8 N10

Nose - E00 E01 E93 E95

Hooves -C1 C2 C4 C5 

Hat/Tag - R17 R27 R37 R59

Lights - YG01 YG03 YG17 B12 B14 B16 Y11 Y15 Y17 G17 G28 

Shading - W0 W1 C1




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




















No comments: