Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Moo-rry Christmas!!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a Christmas card using Chillin' Charlie - TT049 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Moo-rry Christmas - FDG002 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas release is being celebrated this month at High Hopes Rubber Stamps.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base from Recollections - Winter 4.25" x 5.5 (Assorted Box of Cards). I cut Crafter's Companion - Luxury Cardstock - Navy Blue paper to the size of 3-5/8" x 4-5/8". The 3.5" x 4.5" background was cut from Heartfelt Creations - Festive Winterscapes Collection. I inked around the edges of the base card and background image with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Faded Jeans. The sentiment was added to the base card using Versa Fine - Onyx Black ink and my MISTI. The ink was embossed using my Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool and Ranger - Clear Super Fine Detail embossing powder. I applied the 2 cut pieces together using double-sided tape and then popped them onto the base using 3M  double-sided tape. I had some branches pre-punch from earlier from various green cardstock using my Martha Stuart - Branch punch. I applied liquid glue to the backs of each of the branches and applied them to the popped up background.

With my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the image onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I coloured in the image with Copic markers and then I fussy cut around it. For the hat trim and pop-pom, I used Ranger - Emboss It Pen Clear and sprinkled on some WOW! Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter. I heated this with my Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool and then repeated the process to give it more texture. The image was popped up onto the background using 3M double-sided tape and a few small Ranger Snowflakes were added. Lastly, I added some Stickles - Diamond to the snowflakes on the background and in the centres of the smaller snowflakes to complete my card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Chillin' Charlie - TT049 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Moo-rry Christmas - FDG002 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Faded Jeans, Versa Fine - Onyx Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Recollections - Winter 4.25" x 5.5 (Assorted Box of Cards), Crafter's Companion - Luxury Cardstock - Navy Blue, Heartfelt Creations - Festive Winterscapes Collection

Die Cut: Martha Stuart - Branch punch

Embossing Powder: WOW! Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M - 2 sided tape, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool, Sakura Glaze - Black Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen, Ranger - Emboss It Pen Clear, Ranger Snowflake Glitter

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Eyes: Sakura Glaze - Black Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen

Cow: C8, C6, C4, C3, C1, C00, B60, R30, R20, R00, R000, E95, E93, E53, E51, E50

Santa Hat: R59, R37, R35, WOW! Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter, Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff

Collar, Holly and Bell: G43, G29, G28, H 14, YG23, YG03, E15, YR24, Y35, Y08

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: