Thursday, October 7, 2021

Penguin Christmas

  Oh my goodness! Have you seen the It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas release? So many fun, cute stamps that are perfect to help get your Christmas/winter card mojo going! 

I have a lot of people who love penguins in my life so "Penguin Presents" was a perfect stamp for me to get to create a card with. I have a hard time remembering from year to year which stamp I used on who's card so to have a few new penguin stamps to choose from is perfect in my world. <smile>

I chose to do my take on a Front Flap style card. 





                                                                       
 I stamped my image, coloured it with Copic markers, added some polka dots to his scarf with a white gel pen  and hand fussy cut it leaving a thin white edge. I set him aside and chose some patterned paper from Photo Play to match. I created my card base by cutting some matching card stock to a 5.5" x 5.5" size. 

Next, I cut a quarter of an inch off the outside of the top piece so the plaid background which is actually the inside of the card would show on the front. What I didn't think about is that by doing that, the card actually won't sit to be displayed because there isn't anything there for it it sit on. I decided to continue with my take on the design because I have a few people in my life who display their card laying down - phew! I cut some snowflake paper for the top of the card and added some ribbon and a sentiment. Then I measured my stamp to figure out how big my "flap" needed to be, cut it and added a snowy hill, a snowflake border and my stamped image, glued it to the card base and added the plaid patterned paper.

To finish off the card I stamped a sentiment on the inside on a piece of white card stock and added some enamel dots to the front. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Penguin Presents  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Scripty Merry ChristmasSparkle & Cheer - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Not A Creature Was Stirring - Photo Play 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, ribbon, white gel pen, Frostyville border - Memory Box, enamel dots 


 Copic Markers:

Body - N4 N5 N8 N10

Hat/Scarf - BG13 BG18 BG09

Sled -E34 E35 E29 C2 C4 C5 

Shadow -C1 C2

 Presents - R17 R27 R37 R59 G17 G28 B39 BG11 BG32 BG13 BG75




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!












No comments: