Thursday, June 8, 2023

Pawsing To Say

  At the beginning of the year I set a personal challenge - to do one birthday card a month. I haven't met that challenge the last couple of months but this weeks card is going to change that....for this month anyway. 

I have a nephew when we go away for a holiday. Our nephew moves in for the time we are gone and spoils my dog rotten - my dog loves him!!! This year for his birthday card I decided to do an acetate front card featuring "Orian and Whiskey" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps and when I give it to him it will be signed from my dog just for fun.



After stamping this fun pair on alcohol marker friendly paper, I coloured them with Copic markers and hand fussy cut them leaving a thin white line.....except for the parts that touch the ground. To create my card base I cut a 5" x 5" base and then trimmed an inch of the bottom of the card front and 3/4" off the top. I set my base aside and found a piece of acetate, cut it to size and added it to the front of the card to create the window. 
Next I cut die cut a landscape, grass and a fence to create my scene and glued them down to the acetate. 
Patterned paper from two different Echo Park paper pads were perfect and I added the clouds to the base inside. 
After taking my beloved Misti out of the drawer, I masked off and stamped the first sentiment and then masked off the second one, held my breath and hoped things would work out. Some matte dots finish off my card. 


Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Orian and Whiskey (TDG046) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Pawsing To Say (G306) Pirate Birthday (F147)  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Baby Boy and New Day - Echo Park


Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, rolling landscape die - Crafters Companion, grass border - Dress My Craft, fence - Gina Marie Designs, matte dots 

Copic Markers
Skin  - E000 E00 E21 E11
Jeans - B91 B93 B95 B97
Shirt - YR21 Y35 Y38 YR18 C1 C2
Wagon - C1 C2 C4 C5 E30 E31 E43 D33 D34 E57 E59
Dog - N4 N5 N8 C1 C2 C4 C5
Hair - E33 E35 E57 E59
Flowers - Y00 Y15 YG01 YG03 YG17 RV13


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: