Thursday, June 29, 2023

Pawsing To Say

  When we moved in to our house we had a neighbour up the street who used to feed the birds. Every summer he would put up a plank that was on a tree at one end and had legs to support the other end. There were multiple bird feeders and multiple different species of birds that came to visit each day. The most comical thing to watch was the squirrels who used it not only as a buffet but as a jungle gym - so funny to watch them run around and chase each other and some even fell off.

We also had a lot of stray cats in the neighbourhood and there was always one or two that I watched climb up to inspect what the plank had to offer. The cats would often play like the squirrels and all I could do was laugh. 

When I saw the "Kitty By Birdhouses" stamp from High Hopes Rubber Stamps, all these fun memories came flooding back and I decided this stamp is perfect for a birthday card for one of my feline loving friends.



I started my card by stamping on alcohol marker friendly paper, colouring it with Copic markers and hand fussy cutting it leaving a thin white edge. To create my card base, I cut some striped and flowered patterned papers from Lawn Fawn and added them to matching card stock. After cutting a circle out of the blue paper, I masked off the sentiment, "coaxed" into an arch, stamped it on the edge of the circle and then put the circle on matching card stock. 
I added a small piece of striped paper on top of the flowered paper, glued down the circle and tucked the birthday sentiment up against it after I cut off the bottom of the circle. I glued down the stamp, added a bow and flower and finished off the card with enamel dots. 



Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Kitty By Birdhouses (R146) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Pawsing To Say (G306), Pirates Birthday (F147)   - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Spiffy Speckles, Flower Market - Lawn Fawn 


Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, circle die, cloud die - Your Next Stamp, flower - stash, cotton ribbon, enamel dots

Copic Markers
Kitty  - E41 E42 E57 RV00 RV13
Fence/Sign - E34 E35 E29
Leaves/Stems - YG01 YG03 YG17 G28
Dirt - E23 E25 E27
Grass - G21 G24 G28
Houses - T1 T3 T4 T5 R05 R17 YR18 V17 B32 B34 B37
Pot - E15 E17 E19 E18 
Flowers - Y21 YR21 YR24
Lady Bug - R05 R17 YR18 V17 black


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: