Thursday, June 1, 2023

Sandy Toes

  We have had some summer weather this week. It has been H.O.T! It is only fitting that the High Hopes design team will be sharing summer themed cards this month since some how it is all of a sudden summer. 

I don't live close to a beach but if I did I would probably be at it in this kind of weather. I can't physically go to the beach........but I can create a card with a beach theme and take Milton to the beach. Milton is one of my favourite High Hopes animals.......he is always up to something and makes me laugh. Today he is looking fine in his beach attire....meet "Milton At The Beach".




I stamped Milton on alcohol marker friendly paper, coloured him with Copic markers and hand fussy cut him. Then I cut a piece of white card stock to fit my card base and cut an oval out close to the centre with a die. Next, I cut out the same size oval in a light yellow card stock to build my "beach" scene. I cut some beige and blue card stock for my sand and water and added some ink to add some definition to them. I also added white acrylic paint to the "waves" using a small amount on my finger and dabbing it on to the ink. The sun rays were added in the background using a stencil and I hand drew some birds in the sky.

I cut the palm trees and island using a Sizzix die and cut it again in green to make the grass and tree leaves. The green card stock was edged with Distress ink to help it stand out a bit. I added the oval to the white card stock after running a black marker around the edge to help it stand out. Sea shells edged with ink were added to the sand to help finish my beach scene and Milton was added to the side of the oval. The sentiment was a bit of a trick, but with some creative masking and stamping, I was able to split it up at the top and bottom. Sparkly glitter dots finish off my card. 


Stamps - Milton At The Beach (R061) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Sandy Toes (J065) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, oval die, palm tree die - Sizzix, sea shell dies - Memory Box, Stormy Sky Distress ink, Creamy Caramel, Summer Sun ink - Stampin' Up, white acrylic paint, glitter dots, sun ray stencil - Whimsy Stamps

Copic Markers
Body - E34 E29 E49
Flippers, Water Wings - Y11 Y13 Y15 YR23
Hooves, Antlers - E41 E42 E57
Swimsuit - YG01 YG03 YG17 BG11 BG32 BG13
Glasses, Shovel, Pail - R05 R17 YR18 E30 E31 E43


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: