Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Gone Fishing!

It’s Wednesday, and this week I used Anthony James - R022 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the main image and Gone Fishing Sign - G103 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment.

I come from a family that LOVES fishing. My dad has always loved fishing and now my older brother has fallen into his foot steps of loving to fish too. I remember going fishing with my dad and I thought I had a really, really big fish. We were all so excited until I pulled up a big chunk of grass reeds. LOL! The fish were jumping all around us, but we couldn't seem to catch any that 1 day.

As soon as we were back on shore, you could see the huge fish playing all over the lake. I think they were just laughing at us. But I'm not a 100% sure. LOL!


To make the card, I first used Your Next Stamp - Stitched Rectangle Die Set (YNSD214) to cut out the main image from Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card and My Creative Time - Stitched Squares Inside and Out to die cut the square out of some white cardstock. Then I used my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black Ink to get a nice crisp image. I used various Copic markers listed below to colour in the image.

I decided to colour in the fish with PrismaColor pencils on the sentiment.

Next I ran both the coloured image and the sentiment through my Xyron Creative Station and placed both cuts over top of some green cardstock. Then I popped both up using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape.

The base of the card is 5.5" x 5.5". I edged around the card and sentiment with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Bundled Sage. For a final touch, I added a little fish under the sentiment.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Anthony James - R022 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Sentiment: Gone Fishing Sign - G103 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Bundled Sage
Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, ModaScrap - Under The Sea (6" x 6"), Green cardstock
Die Cuts: Your Next Stamp - Stitched Rectangle Die Set (YNSD214), My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out
Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, Xyron Creative Station, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin:  E21, E11, E04, E00, E000
Hair: E59, E57, E55
Overalls:  B26, B23, B21, E15, Y35, Y08
Shirt:  R27, R24, R22, G46, G43, G40, G24
Ball Cap: G82, G46, G43, G40, G28, G24, G21
Shoes: E39, E37, E35, E33, E31
Fishing Rod and Reel: R27, R24, R22, E39, E35, E31, G46, G40, G28, C3, C1
Fish:  RV21, R22, G46, G43, G40, G20
Ground: E37, E35, E33, E31
Sky: B02, B01, B00, B000
Sign: PrismaColor Pencils - Blush Pink (PC928), Sap Green Light (PC 120), Charteuse (PC989), Apple Green (PC912), Olive Green (PC911)

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.




No comments: