Thursday, August 15, 2019

Pumpkin Friends

I have a few friends going through some tough times and I am hoping this card will make one of them feel better or smile when they receive it. 


I had some  fun making a fall themed "hug in a card" using Pumpkin Border and Chubby Pumpkins from High Hopes. This is the first card I have made using a stamped border. I find it very challenging to find a way to use them to be honest. However, this card has started the border creative juices flowing so you may see more in the future. <wink>






After colouring my stamps with alcohol markers, I hand fussy cut them leaving a thin white border around the edge of the pumpkin border. Paper from MFT gave a subtle water color wash background and to me makes the card feel like a warm hug. I cut the border piece out using a stitched rectangle die - I had to cut the leaves on the edge to slip the die in behind the border to cut it. A matching stitched fishtail banner was perfect for the sentiment. Some ribbon and heart shaped sprinkles finish off my card. 


Card Recipe 
Stamp:Pumpkin BorderChubby Pumpkins - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: If Friends Were Pumpkins - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Water Color Washes - MFT

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, shape sprinkles - Doodlebug, stitched rectangle die - YNS, stitched fishtail banner die - YNS, ribbon - Stampin Up

Spectrum Noir Markers: OR1 OR2 OR3 CT4 GB4 GB7 CG4 DG3 JG6 EB3 EB6 EB5 
Copics: E31 E34 E37 


The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the blog. Inspiration can also be found on Instagram and Pinterest! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: