Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Halloween Shaker Card!

Hi High Hopes Fans!
I haven't made a shaker card in so long and thought it would be perfect to use the High Hopes "Zig Zag Frame" and the little "Silly Spider" for a fun look.
I started by stamping my image, colouring it with my Copic markers and then using my Brother Cut N Scan, cut out around the image. I then cut out the inside along the border line with my craft knife to create a window. I glued a piece of acetate to the back of the image to create a window and then added foam tape. Next I added some sequins and some really cute tiny beads that my friend gave me! They are just so sweet! To create the "box" for the shaker, I then added a piece of paper to the back and voilá, I had a shaker! Using some Doodlebug paper from my stash (it's old and discontinued), I designed my card layout. Then all I had to do was attach the Shaker to the card! I added a fussy cut "Silly Spider" to the front with some twine so he can move around as you shake the card. Some Stickles and enamel dots finished everything off.
Here you can see the dimension on my card. I actually used 2 layers of foam tape so that the shaker elements had lots of room to move.
See those tiny beads....aren't they adorable!
Copics Used:
Pumpkin: YR15, YT16, YR18/ YG61, YG67/ Y15, FY1
Spider: T4, T7, T9/ BV08, FV2
Stars & Moon: Y15, FY1/ Y35, Y38
Frame Border: T7, T9, BV08, FV2, FYG2

Don't forget to visit the High Hopes Blog for some Halloween inspiration all month long!
Happy Stamping!

No comments: