Thursday, July 2, 2020

It Ain't Summer Til...

According to the calendar it is officially summer and the weather where I live has been summer like - hot and humid!!! 
Beachball Betty from the new Summer 2020 release (click here for to see the full release)  is at the beach and enjoying a beautiful summer day and she has some advice for us all.
 I love her sass! and I think I better listen to her advice and find some sand to stick my toes in to when it is safe to do so of course <wink>




I stepped out of my comfort zone and decided to create an A2 size card instead of my usual square card. Some striped patterned paper was perfect for my summer design. 
I coloured the stamp with alcohol markers and then trimmed the paper leaving it long. The sentiment was stamped directly under the stamp and then I trimmed the whole thing to fit my card front and added some matching card stock.
Adorable flip flops, a sun and cloud dies and some enamel dots finish off my card.

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Beachball Betty - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Sandy Toes - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Sunskissed - Doodlebug

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb cover stock, sun die - YNS, cloud die - Die'sires, flip flop die - Gina Marie Designs, enamel dots - Whimsy, gold gel pen

 Copic and Spectrum Noir Markers:
E000 TN2 EB3 C1 C2 C4 C5 E31 E34 R20 B00 B02 B04 B06 CR7 CR9 CR11 R59 Y15 Y35 Y38 YG17 YG25 YG03

The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the High Hopes blog - we'd love for you to pop by for a visit! Inspiration can also be found on the High Hopes Instagram and Pinterest pages! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: