Thursday, July 9, 2020

Smiling

This spring I had a pair of cardinals move in to one of the trees at the corner of my front porch. They have since moved on but not before having some little ones. It was fun to sit quietly on my porch and watch mom and dad fly back and forth with food for their family. 
When I saw the "Cardinal" in the new release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps I knew I had to colour it up - they are such beautiful birds! They say "when a cardinal appears, a loved one is near" so I'm not sure moved in this spring but I silently smiled every time I saw one of them. 



After colouring this beauty with alcohol markers, I cut it out using a circle die and used my Fiskars circle cutter to cut a matching cardstock backing. I set that aside and chose some patterned paper from Stampin' Up to match the coral flowers. Next I stamped the sentiment and cut it out using a fish tail banner die. A few added branches, cotton lace ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Cardinal - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Smiling - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb cover stock, circle die - Kat Scrappiness, Fiskars circle cutter, fish tail banner die - YNS, branch die - Whimsy, cotton lace ribbon - stash, enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs

 Copic and Spectrum Noir Markers:
CR7 CR9 R29 R59 W5 BG7 BG10 Y15 Y35 Y38 E41 MB2 E44 YG61 YG63 G99 FS6 FS8 CR3 

The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the High Hopes blog - we'd love for you to pop by for a visit! Inspiration can also be found on the High Hopes Instagram and Pinterest pages! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: