Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Speedy Recovery!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I used Walker Walter - TLF013 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) from the new release for the main image and Speedy Recovery Background - U004 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. I have an older friend in the hospital right now waiting to have an operation and I thought this little card would definitely cheer him up.


To make my card this week, I used Recollections - Cape Cod cardstock for the base card which is 4.25" x 5.5". I stamped both the large background image and Walter using my Misti and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink.

Then I ran the background image through my Cuttlebug using Your Next Stamp - Stitched Rectangle Die Set to die cut it.

Both images were coloured using Copic Markers. I edged around the background image and card base with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Blueprint Sketch. I used my Brother Scan and Cut to cut around "Walker Walter" and then outlined the image with Copic Markers C3 and C1. Next, I ran the image through my Xyron Creative Station and adhered it to some Black cardstock. I again used the Scan and Cut to cut around the image. I thought the border was too large, so I just manually fussy cut around the image leaving a smaller black border around it.

To complete the card, I bumped up both the background and the main image with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape.

Card Recipe:


Stamp:  Walker Walter - TLF013 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Sentiment \ Background: Speedy Recovery Background - U004 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Blueprint Sketch
Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Recollections - Cape Cod cardstock, Recollections - Black cardstock
Die Cuts: Your Next Stamp - Stitched Rectangle Die Set (YNSD214)
Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Xyron Creative Station

Images coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R22, R20
Hair: C5, C3, C1, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen
Shirt: YG67, YG45, YG41, G07
Pants: B26, B24, B21
Shoes: E27, E25, E23, E21
Tennis Ball: YG67, YG45, YG41
Walker: R59, R39, R37, R29, R27, R24, C9, C7, C5, C3, C2, C1, C0,
Bandages: E21, E00, E000
Syringes: C2, C1, C0, Y08, C9, Colorless Blender
Pills: B00, B000, B000, C1, C0, R24, Colorless Blender
Scissors: R29, R24, C2
Spool: E53, E51, E50
Stethoscope: C9, C2, C1, C0
Outline around image: C3, C1

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.






No comments: