Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Unassembled Snowman

 Happy Wednesday HH fans!

Today I'm popping in to share this adorable image from High Hopes called Unassembled Snowman.  I love to color scenes and this cutie was no exception.  It was very quick and easy...might look complicated but it's not.  One rule when using red is "use it last" lol.  I don't know if you do this or not but I like to color my background in before most of the other elements in the scene.  I find it makes the other images pop out & sort of speak to me in a way.  I find picking my colors is easier.  Of course this is just my method I'm sure you have your own.  The other benefit to coloring your background first is you won't accidentally drag another color into the scene.  Just my 2 cents worth lol.

After I finished coloring this cutie I took my White Sharpie & did a bunch of snow dots for dimension.  Now some of my little dots came out a little bigger than expected but that's okay I guess.  I used my favorite Stardust Stickles for sparkle on a few places.  The snowflakes are done with a really old punch, I don't even know the brand because it's not on the punch.  I used some YNS Blue Raspberry enamel dots for the centre of each snowflake & the 2 corners.

That lovely patterned paper is from a company called Studio Light in the Netherlands.  My friend brought it back for me when she went to visit her son in Holland......thanks guys for taking my pal shopping!

Copic Combos

Sky Background - B000, B0000

Red - R59, R56, R46 (my fav red combo)

Blue/Green - BG09, BG07, BG05

Hat & Boots - C10, C8, C6

Ground & Snowman - C0, C00 with 0 Blender

Penguin - C8, C6, C4

Snowman Nose & Penguin Beak - YR27, YR24

Pants, Sweater, Mitts & Tie - E44, E43, E42

Snowman Arms - E37, E35

Hair - E27, E25, E23

Skin - E000, E00, E11, E04

Thanks so much for popping in today...hope to see you again soon!

Crafty hugs,


 

 

No comments: