Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Buddy's Present

 It’s Wednesday, and this week I'm sharing another Christmas card featuring Buddy's Gift Block - R161 from (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) with the sentiment Sm. Christmas Script - F051 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps). Buddy and his little birdie friend are all set for Christmas with his gift all wrapped up for you? How soon do you start wrapping presents for Christmas?

To create the card this week, I stamped the main image and then coloured it in with Copic Markers. Once it was all coloured in, I fussy cut around it and used a black marker to go around all of the edges. I used some 2-sided tape and placed it onto some white cardstock. Then I used my cutter  to cut a thin border all around the image. I repeated this process with some red cardstock and edged around all of the sides with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Barn Door. I added some Stickles - Sea Glass around the inside border, Stickles - Icicle for the hat and pom-pom and some Clear - Wink of Stella to the all of the baubles and set everything aside to dry.

For the sentiment, I cut the the stamp in half so that I could place it on 2 lines. To stamp the sentiment, I used my MISTI, Versa Fine - Onyx Black ink and Ranger - Clear Super Fine Detail embossing powder. The powder was heat set using Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool.

For the base card I started out with white cardstock folded in half to create a 5.5" x 4.25" card. Doodlebug - Milk and Cookies paper was used for the background. I fussy cut along the bottom following the flow of the words. Some red cardstock was glued from the back onto the background paper and then I followed the flow of the previous cut to create a thin border. I repeated this process with some green cardstock. Once all of the 3 layers were complete, I cut the piece to be approximately 5-1/8" x 3.25". Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn was used to go around all of the edges.

To assemble the card, I glued the combined background layers onto the base card.  The main image and frame created earlier were added using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Buddy's Gift Block - R161 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Sm. Christmas Script- F051 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Versa Fine - Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Barn Door

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Doodlebug - Milk and Cookies (6"x6")

Stickles: Icicle, Sea Glass

Embossing Powder: Ranger - Clear Super Fine Detail

Tools and Miscellaneous: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Bear: E35, E34, E33, E31, E27, E25, E23, R22, R20, Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen

Present and Bow: B16, B05, B02, YG17, YG06, YG05, YG03, YG01

Baubles: B16, B05, B02, B00, G46, G29, G28, G24, R59, R39, R37, R35, Pental Sunburst Metalic Med Gel Pen, Atayou Spica - Gold 11, Clear - Wink of Stella

Cardinal: R27, R24, R08, Y17

Hat: R59, R39, R37, R35

Background: R81

Checkered Frame: G29, G28, G24

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.


No comments: