Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Red Hat Ladies - Friends Are We!

Howdy -

MichelleO here and this week I was going through my High Hopes Stamps and these two sweet ladies looked like they wanted to come out and be inked and used!

Now their name is "Red Hat Ladies", but they don't dress in red in purple every day. There is no rule that they can't wear other colors. So I went with pink/green/and tan.


All the color choices came from the colors in the Authentique paper pad collection Legacy. Love the vintage feel and that gave me great colors to use on the ladies. I colored with my Copics (colors below).  Now I love sewing on my cards, and do it on most all my cards. But these two seemed to need something different. It has been a while since I used a blanket stitch on my cards. I love it! But wow... lol, takes a while and lots of sewing. Thank goodness for my trusty machine. I used the sentiment "Friends are We..." Now this sentiment is much longer - Friends are we... just you and me!. I love to stamp it out and block out the last half and just use to the first three words on the front. Then stamp it again blocking out the first section and using the back portion "just you and me." on the inside. A little more drama... like a commercial break before you open the card.


I also added some punched leaves and mulberry flowers to the front. My flowers weren't near dark enough so I used my Copics and gave them a little deeper coloring.

Copic colors used -



Love making cards for girlfriends - and  "Red Hat Ladies" is too fun to work with. 

If you need to find High Hopes stamps to play with make sure you visit 

One Crazy Stamper based out of Canada
or 

No comments: