Thursday, November 14, 2019

Merry Christmas Eh?

I am having some fun with Leaping Lewis and the Frozen Skating Pond from High Hopes. I did some ice skating growing up but I don't remember practicing leaping in the air like the talented Lewis! If I were to be honest, I preferred roller skating to ice skating but Lewis is scoring a 12 with this jump and his Merry Christmas wishes don't you?! 





I decided to make this stamp combo in to a bit of a different scene card then I usually create. It is a 4.5 x 4.5 card base and I decided to make it an easel style card. After colouring my stamps with alcohol markers and Prisma pencils, I hand fussy cut Lewis and set him aside. 
Next, I held my breath and cut the pond to fit the size I needed. I added some Nuvo glitter accents to all of the snow areas including behind Lewis which is hard to see. Prismacolor pencils were used to add a smidge of blue to the edges of the ice and I coloured the trees twice so I could fussy cut them and pop them up with foam dots. 
I wanted Lewis to "stand up" off the card but didn't want to use an action wobble so I cut a tiny piece of thin card board, bent the ends and glued them to Lewis and my card. This helps him stand off the card and he does bounce a little too just for fun. 
Some simple twine and enamel dots finish off my card. 


Card Recipe 
Stamp: Leapin' LewisFrozen Skating Pond - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Merry Christmas Eh - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Festival of Prints - Stampin' Up
Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, fresh snowfall Nuvo glitter drops, gold Wink of Stella, 3D Foam Pop Dots - Forever In Time, twine, enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs

Spectrum Noir Markers: CT1 CT4 B02 IG1 IG3 IG5 BG7 BG10 CG1 DG2 DG4 IB3 IB2 AB3 DR1 DR5 DR7 
Copics: W5 
Prismacolor Premier pencils: white, sky light blue, light cerulean blue


The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the High Hopes blog - we'd love for you to pop by for a visit! Inspiration can also be found on the High Hopes Instagram and Pinterest pages! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: