Thursday, July 20, 2023

Christmas Drummer

 I love doing Christmas cards in July. It is hard some times to get in to a cold, snowy winter state of mind when it is hot and humid out but I need a lot of Christmas cards so to get a head start by starting them in July is great. I mail some cards but most of them are handed out in person at family dinners. Last year the card delivery was delayed by a few days because I was in blizzard conditions for three days right over Christmas. I am hoping that won't happen again this year but if it does I will still have my cards ready like this one featuring "Drummer & Friends" From High Hopes Rubber Stamps. 



After stamping on to alcohol marker friendly paper I coloured the stamp with Copic markers and cut it out using a rounded square die. I coloured to match the paper from the Wise Men Still Seek Him paper pad from Echo Park and cut the base paper to fit the 5.5" x 5.5" base I wanted to use. I cut a piece of card stock to go behind the stamp, used a corner rounder the match the rounded edges of the die and glued them together. 
Next, I die cut a poinsettia from matching card stock, glued it together and added it to the card with a foam pop dot. While I had my Big Kick on my table I cut some snow flakes and music notes to scatter in to the corners. I cut a second piece of patterned paper to put along the sides of the stamp, stamped the sentiment and glued it on to matching card stock. Enamel dots finish off my card. 

Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Drummer & Friends (RDG005) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Heaven Sing (H268)
Patterned Paper - Winter - Echo Park


Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, rounded corner die with pierce marks - Your Next Stamp, music notes die - Gina Marie Designs, snowflake die - Gina Marie Designs, poinsettia die - Whimsy Stamps, pop dot, enamel dots

Copic Markers
Skin - E00 E21 E11 
Hair - E25 E29
Camel - E23 E57 E79 
Shirt - YG61 YG63 YG67 
Cow/Lamb Face - YR0000 YR00 W1 W3
Cow - N5 N8 N10
Horse - E53 E33 E39 E57 E79

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: