Saturday, July 8, 2023

Oldometer

  Last weekend we celebrated my Dad's birthday. His birthday is technically tomorrow but the "kids" got together and did an open house for him since my oldest brother was in town. We had a great day and went for dinner afterwards. At the dinner it was time to spoil him with his gift and of course I had to make a card for him! He is turning 75 and drives people around to appointments and things in his retirement so I thought the "Vintage Ride" stamp from High Hopes would be perfect for his transportation themed card. 


After stamping on alcohol marker friendly paper I coloured the stamp with Copic markers and added some Glossy Accents to the windshield. When that was dry, I hand fussy cut it leaving a thin white edge. I found some patterned paper from Memory Box (plaid) and some map paper that I had in my stash which I thought were perfect for my car colours and card theme. I cut them to fit my 5.5" x 5.5" base and added them to the card. To create my "speedometer" or Oldometer in this case -  I cut out circle, stamped the numbers with a stamp from Your Next Stamp and traced the circle to create the circle underneath them. 

The Oldometer idea came from a search I had done for masculine cards a couple weeks before sitting down to do this card. I remember seeing it in my "travels" and for some reason it stuck in my brain - although I don't remember where I came across it. I stamped the numbers with Versamark ink and then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I cut them out and glued them to a rectangle I had printed with the word oldometer on my computer. I rounded the corners and added it to matching card stock. I cut a frame to put behind everything using two square dies and cut a rectangle for the map paper and rounded the corners. I stamped and added the sentiment to finish off my card and added the car with some pop dots to add some dimension.

Card Recipe

Stamp - Vintage Ride (TT143)
Sentiment - Best Miles (GG041)
Patterned Paper - Woodsy Plaid - Memory Box, stash

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, pop dots, white embossing powder, number stamps - Your Next Stamp, square and circle dies, Glossy Accents, Versamark 

Copic Markers
Tires  - C1 C2 C4 C5 N4 N5 N8
Car - E41 E42 E43 
Seat -E15 E17 E19 E18
Lights - Y00 Y13 Y18


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

 




No comments: