Thursday, July 13, 2023

Fa-la-la-la

 I am blessed to live in an area where we have a lot of different kinds of birds. I love sitting on my front porch and listening to the different "conversations" they are having in the neighbourhood. I don't hear or see them as much in the winter but "Bird Song" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps reminds me of the songs I hear in the other months. I personally can't sing very well so I think I would be the one in the middle just hanging out <smile>



I started by stamping on alcohol marker friendly paper and colouring the stamp with Copic markers. Once that was done, I hand fussy cut it leaving a thin white line. Next I cut a piece of red card stock to fit the 5" x 5" base and cut a white piece of card stock to size as well. I used an oval die to cut a "hole" in the centre of the card and centered the sentiment stamp and stamped it underneath. Using the same oval die I cut a piece of blue snowy sky patterned paper for a pad of Echo Park paper and glued it down inside the hole. I added some Star Dust Stickle so the birds' hats and scarf and some sparkly snowflakes I cut using a Tim Holtz die. The stamp is added with pop dots to the centre of the oval and enamel dots finish off my card.

Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Bird Song (TDG016) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Fa-la-la-la (GLL011)
Patterned Paper - Winter - Echo Park


Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, oval die, pop dots, Star Dust Stickles, snowflake die - Tim Holtz

Copic Markers
Beaks/Feet - Y11 Y15 Y17
Hats/Scarves - G21 G24 G28
Birds- R17 R37 R59
Branch - E23 E25 E27 YG95
Snow - B0000 B000


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: