Thursday, February 2, 2017

Happy Birthday Cuppy Cake!

 Happy February High Hopes Fans!

This month is all about Birthday's! What a great way to beat the February blues - we can party all month long! <smile>

I have a few friends who's spouses call them "Cupcake" as their pet name so when I saw this stamp I knew I had to make it into a Birthday card for one of them. 

Meet "Cherry Chip Chimp" with his extra large cupcake!




I coloured my image using alcohol markers and cut it out with a stitch marks and pierce marks die - this die set is part of a Christmas present to myself I have been waiting to use! A combination of patterned paper from Echo Park and Carta Bella were perfect for my layout using the new sketch for this month's challenge. 
I used some white acrylic paint for the icing to add some texture - icing isn't always smooth at least not when I do it  - and some glitter to add a little sparkle. 
The sentiments are stamped and one is fussy cut the other is cut out using a fishtail banner die. It is fun to be able to use part of a sentiment to complete your message. A couple white gumdrops finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Cherry Chip Chimp (S189) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiments: Fancy Script Happy Birthday (HH019)Cuppy-Cake (F222) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Dots & Stripes - Echo Park, Soak Up The Sun - Carta Bella

Spectrum Noir Markers: EB6 EB3 EB5 EB1 EB2 PP3 PP5 DR5 CR7 CR11 DR6 PP1 PP2 1G1 1G2 BT2 BT3 BT4



The challenge for this month is called: . There are three ways to win some stamps - click here for details
There is also a new sketch to play along with - we can't wait to see what you create! 



Thanks so much for popping by! Have a fantastic day!



1 comment:

KT Fit Kitty said...

So adorable! I love the little monkey and his cupcake!