Thursday, June 15, 2023

Chilaxin'

 I don't live near a beach and I don't have a pool but on a really hot, humid summer day I wish I did. Chopper seems to have found a cool spot and drink to chilax on a beautiful summer day with this card featuring "Choppers Chilaxin'" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. I don't know who makes me giggle more.....Chopper or Milton.......




I stamped Chopper on alcohol marker friendly paper and coloured him with Copic markers. I stamped him on masking paper, cut him out and added some distress ink to create my water and used a wavy stencil to add some waves. I set that aside and found some paper from Echo Park to create my card base to fit the 5" x 5" size. I added some twine and edged the paper with Ground Espresso Distress ink. Next, I cut around the water and Chopper leaving a thin white line at the top. I glued that down the matching card stock and cut a thin line around the top and edged it with Ground Espresso. 
The sentiment was a challenge but I masked off the words from two different sentiments to create this one. This took three tries and a lot of patience and holding my breath. To finish off the card I added a die cut sun popped up with a pop dot and enamel dots.


Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Choppers Chilaxin' (P023) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Sandy Toes (J065) Roundin' Up (G190)  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Summer Party - Echo Park


Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock,Ground Espresso, Mermaid Lagoon and Tumbled Glass distress inks, sun die - Your Next Stamp, twine, enamel dots, 3D foam pop dots 

Copic Markers
Chopper  - N4 N5 N8 N10 E23 E25 E27 E29 C1 C2
Drink - Y11 Y15 Y18 V01 R05 R24 R27 R39
Shirt - YR21 Y35 Y38 YR18 C1 C2
Floatie - YG01 YG02 YG17 G28
Water - B00 B01 B02



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: