Thursday, January 19, 2017

Not Horsin Around!

     Happy Thursday High Hopes Fans!

This week I've been horsin' around (pardon the pun) with another fun Valentine's Day stamp from High Hopes. 

I love that the sentiment is included although I had to rearrange my card making routine slightly....after all, I didn't have to find a place for the sentiment! It has been fun to have a bit of a challenge with the process. 

This week's card layout is based on an older challenge sketch from High Hopes. I have posted it below my card for you. I also chose to use some non-traditional Valentine's Day colours just for fun!




Here's the sketch I followed


I started my horsin' around by colouring my stamp with alcohol markers and then cutting it out with a classic circle die. The background cardstock was cut out using a circle cutter. I placed it on patterned paper from an older 6x6 paper collection from Echo Park. Some twine, banners and gumdrops (my fav) finish off my card. 


Card Recipe 
Stamp: Horsin' Around Horsey (P130) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: This & That - Echo Park
 Tuxedo Black ink - MementoCopic XpressIt cardstock,  Fishtail Banner dies - YNS, Classic circle die - Spellbinders, Fiskars circle cutter, bakers twine, Love Earth Gumdrops - YNS

Spectrum Noir Markers: EB3 EB5 GB8 GB10 1G2 1G3 1G5 CG2 DG2 CT4 GB5 
Copics: E37 RV11 RV34



The challenge for this month is called: Live, Laugh, Love. There are three ways to win some stamps - click here for details. 
There is also a new sketch to play along with - we can't wait to see what you create! Come play along!


Thanks so much for popping by! Have a fantastic day!



3 comments:

Dora said...

Perfect card. Very beautiful made

McStamper said...

What a fantastic card. The horse is adorable.

ionabunny said...

Love this image and sentiment. Fab card. Hugz