Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Candy Cane Wishes!

Happy Tuesday!
I've said it before but whenever I see a Penguin it reminds me of my Grandma. She was such a special lady and meant the world to me! Grandma was my Maid of Honour and she was tickled pink to stand with me! So of course when I saw the High Hopes "Top Hat Penguin", I knew I had to make a card with it! I decided to pair it with the "Birch Tree Background" stamp.
I started by first stamping the penguin. I stamped it a second time on some masking paper, fussy cut it out and placed it over top of the first stamped image. This allowed me to now stamp the background over the penguin to look like it was all one stamp. I coloured it all in with my Copic Sketch Markers. I held my breath and using a Marvy Deco Just Premium Marker in silver added tiny dots all over to look like snow was falling. Whew it turned out LOL,  and I didn't have to do it all over again. I backed the image with some papers from the Bella BLVD "Santa Squad" 6x6 collection. The sentiment is also from HH and is called "Candy Cane Wishes 2". Some twine and bows finish off my card.
Copics Used:
Penguin: C00, C1, C5, C7, C8/ Y23, Y26
Trees: W1, W3, E50
Greens: YG63, YG67
Reds: R32, R35, R37, R39
Hills: C00, C0, C1

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to head on over to the High Hopes website and see all Lora's adorable stamps! You can find more inspiration from the Design Team by visiting our Blog and Facebook page too!
Happy Stamping!


 

No comments: