Thursday, October 19, 2023

Friendly Birthday Wishes

 At the beginning of the year, I challenged myself to make one birthday card a month so I wasn't scrambling through out the year when I need a card. 

I haven't been successful in my personal challenge over the last few months so this week I decided I needed to get back on track made a birthday card for one of my cat loving friends featuring Friendly Kitty from High Hopes Rubber Stamps.


After colouring with my Copic markers, I hand cut the stamp leaving a really thin white edge to help it stand out on the background. Patterned paper from Honey Bee was perfect for my background and design so I cut a circle to fit the pleated card stock circle, cut a strip to go behind the tag and then cut a co-ordinating piece for my card base.
Next I cut a tag and after putting London Fog distress ink on all the paper edges I added the circle and layers. I stamped a Happy Birthday sentiment to tuck up under the stamp and glued everything down. Some ribbon on the tag and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Friendly Kitty (SS027)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Happy Birthday Script (FDG028) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Modern Spring - Honey Bee Stamps

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, tag die - Your Next Stamp, London Fog Memento ink, circle die, pleated circle die - Gina Marie Design, ribbon, enamel dots

Copic Markers
Body - C1 C2 C4 C5
Nose/Mouth/Ears - R00 R20 R21
Flower - Y21 Y35 Y38 YG01 YG01 YG17 E01 E02 E92 E95
Butterfly - E23 B01 B02 B04
Grass - YG21 YG23
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: