Thursday, April 11, 2019

Springtime Joy

Spring is here and my dog has Moe has his "spring beans" as I call them. It is like the whole winter he has saved his energy so when spring arrives he becomes my wild child. Everything is done with a spring in his step and his chest pushed out like he owns the world. 

When I had my horse it was the same thing. First day out in the field was a challenge for him to decide ......do I stop and eat grass or run around my field bucking and kicking............

The playful goats stamp reminds me of the pent up energy that my dog has - you know the kind......when all you want to do is run, play and kick up your heels! 



After colouring my stamp with alcohol markers and Prisma pencils I hand fussy cut it. I wanted to put the goat on the left that is bucking on an action wobble so I cut him out completely. The mini action wobble is literally the width of his body so I had to be very precise with my placement but it sure adds a fun element! 
I wanted to keep my layout more to the CAS side of card making to keep the focus on this fun stamp, so I grabbed some blue check paper and some white card stock andcut a circle out of if. I  the card stock in to my Misti and placed the sentiment and stamped it. 
All of the paper is edged with antique linen distress ink, stitched clouds popped up with foam dots and some enamel dots finish off my fairly CAS design.

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Playful Goats - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Springtime Joy Script - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Piggy Tales 

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, 3D foam pop dots - Forever In Time, mini action wobble, circle die - Spellbinders, stitched cloud die - YNS, antique linen distress ink, enamel dots - Carta Bella

Spectrum Noir Markers: IG1 IG3 IG5 RB1 RB2 1B4 CT1 CT4 GB5 PP1 PP3 AG1 AG3 AG5

Primacolor Premier Pencils: Beige Sienna, Sienna Brown, Sepia, Grass Green, Sap Green Light, Dark Green

Did you know the High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on the Facebook page and blog?! Inspiration can also be found on Instagram and Pinterest! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: