Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Joy To The World!

Happy Tuesday!!
Wow it's the December..... where did the time go? Soon it will be Christmas! This is the super cute High Hopes stamp called "Mudzie & Chopper's Caroling". This image brings back memories of Christmas Eve for me. Every Christmas Eve we would go to my Aunt & Uncle's house where Santa would make an appearance, the kids would sit on his lap and Santa would give us a small gift. My cousins and I would be thrilled that Santa had time to stop and say hello on his busiest night of the year. After some goodies we would all go out Christmas Caroling around the neighbourhood. It's something that isn't done that much anymore but it was so fun to entertain the various neighbours and was a family tradition I cherish!
Today I chose papers from the Recollections "Mistletoe Kisses" 6x6 collection. I coloured my image with my favourite Copic Sketch markers, added a paper pieced scarf to Mudzie and fussy cut the image out. I cut a piece of Designer paper using a die from the Gina Marie Double Rope set and then created a little scene with the lamp post and snow hills. I also used the High Hopes "Joy To The World" sentiment and whenever I look at this card, in my head I'm singing the song along with Mudzie & Chopper LOL. I added the Musical Notes die from Memory Box to go along with the caroling theme. A bit of Crystal Stickles on the book and Mudzie's boots as well as a few enamel dots finish off my card.
Here you can see the added dimension by popping up the scene layer, Mudzie & Chopper, the sentiment and one of the snow drifts with foam tape. I love adding extra dimension to my cards, I think it just makes them look that much better!
Copics Used:
Mudzie: W1, W3, W5/ E42, E43, E44, E47, R01/ N5, N6, N8
Chopper: E15, E17, E18, E19/ G24, G28
Crate: E50, E51, E53

For more inspiration using High Hopes Stamps visit out Facebook Group or the Blog! The Design Team is always busy creating amazing cards!

No comments: