Thursday, December 16, 2021

Hello Winter

  I have to admit, winter is not my favourite time of year, but it has some absolutely gorgeous days! You know the ones.....when there has been a fresh, wet snow fall that sticks to the trees and the sun is shining and the sky is clear and blue. The sun is glistening off the snow and it looks like little diamonds everywhere, it is literally a winter wonderland. 

These are the winter days I enjoy and I have tried to capture that in my card using "Forest (TSG006)" from the new Woodland Winter release and the adorable "Winter Moose (SDG002". My dog doesn't like the salt on the sidewalks so he often doesn't want to go for a long walk even on the most beautiful days so I often try to sneak a bit of one in on my lunch on a walking trail that goes beside my office. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it is truly beautiful! 


                                                             
After using my Misti to do the stamping, I coloured both of them with Copic markers. I hand fussy cut the moose, and used a white gel pen to add some gently falling snow to the forest. I wanted to keep my card design simple for this one and used some patterned paper from the Sugar Plums pad by Doodlebug. 
I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with a fish tail banner die and added some enamel dots to finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: ForestWinter Moose - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Hello Winter (FDG007) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Sugar Plums - Doodlebug


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, fish tail banner die - Your Next Stamp, enamel dots 


 Copic Markers:

Trees  - G46 YG67 G29

Trunks -E23 E25 E27

Grass - G24 G46 G99

Sky - B24 B26 B39

Snow -B00

Moose Body - E33 E35 E57 E29 E30 E31 E43

Hat/Scarf - YG01 YG03 YG17

Antlers - E50 E51 E53 E55



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




No comments: