Thursday, September 15, 2022

Feed Your Soul

 Most people have one or more things that feed their soul. These are things that help them take a deep breath and a step back and ground us. For me, it is colouring stamps, horses and water. I could sit and listen to waves crash on the shore for days. For a lot of my friends and family, it is sewing. I have so many talented quilters and people who sew in my life that never cease to amaze me. 

Quilting and sewing isn't my forte - believe me I've tried - but for my friends and family whose soul it feeds "Let's Sew" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps is perfect for a card for one of them. 


 I stamped on to alcohol marker friendly paper and hand fussy cut this adorable gnome leaving a thin white edge. I set him aside and cut out two quilt die pieces using two different paper pads from Craft Consortium and card stock. After putting down a patterned piece of paper down on the card base I set about putting my quilt squares together. This is a time consuming task but I love that I can put them together in different variations and colours. I may not quilt like my friends and family, but I can say I paper quilt <smile>. 
Next, I cut the completed quilt squares in half and centered them around my card base. I cut out a stitched circle using an inside out die, ran some antique linen distress ink around the edge and glued it down to the middle of card after putting ribbon across the middle. I added my stamp with foam to add a bit of dimension to the card. A sentiment in the corner cut out with a stitched fish tail banner, a bow and some heart dots in the corners finish off my card.

Card Details

Stamps - Let's Sew (TLF031) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Needle & Thread (FLL024) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper Bright Blooms, Bloom & Wild - Craft Consortium

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, quilt die - Purple Daisy Designs, heart dots - Hero Arts, ribbon, stitched fish tail banner die, inside out circle die - Gina Marie designs, antique linen distress ink

Copic Markers
 
Skin - E00 E21 E11 E04
Sewing Machine - C0 C1 C2 C3 C5
quilt - R00 F30 R22 Y00 Y11 Y15
Clothing, hat - G21 G24 G28
Beard - W00 W1 W3 
Chair - E43 E55 E47



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



No comments: