Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Santa...I Tried!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a Christmas card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Reindeer Games - S108 for the image and Santa...I Tried - FLL001 for the sentiment. It's never too early to start making Christmas cards and I couldn't resist this super fun image and sentiment paired together. It just makes me laugh and I hope it makes you laugh too! I don't think the reindeer worked very hard, I think he just wanted Santa to pull the sleigh while he relaxed. LOL!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". I cut the background to be the same size using Stampin UP! - 'Tis The Season paper and adhered it to the base card using double-sided tape. Using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Rustic Wilderness and a finger dauber, I inked around all of the edges of the card. Using my Cuttlebug and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies, I die cut Forever In Time - Texture Rouge paper. I added some U-Line double-sided tape to it and popped it up on top of the patterned paper. Using Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, my Cuttlebug and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, I die cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock.

The image was stamped with Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto the die cut using my MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool. I coloured in the image and background with Copic Markers. I added in the puffy Santa trim and pop-pom using Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff. This was then heated with my Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool to puff up the liquid. For the blue tints in the snow, I first coloured them in with Copic Marker - B60 and then using a Ranger - Emboss It Pen Clear and Stampendous - Frozen Ice Tinsel Embossing Powder, I heat embossed the snow drifts. I stamped the sentiment using my MISTI, Versamark and Ranger Embossing Powder White – Extra Fine Detail. This again was heated with my heating tool. Then, I added in the snow in the sky with a Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen. Lastly, I added Stickles - Diamond to add some more sparkle to the snow on the ground and Stickles - Holly all around the frame of the coloured image. I set this all aside to dry for a few hours and then applied U-Line double-sided tape to the back of the coloured image and popped it up onto the red rectangle. To finish off the card, I added in 3 pop-dots from YNS Gumdrops - Milk and Cookies - Matte.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Reindeer Games - S108 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Santa...I Tried! - FFL001 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Rustic Wilderness, Versamark

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Stampin UP! - 'Tis The Season (6"x6"), Forever In Time - Texture Rouge

Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers

Embossing Powders: Stampendous - Frozen Ice Tinsel Embossing Powder, Ranger Embossing Powder White – Extra Fine Detail.

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, U-Line double-sided tape, Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool, Ranger - Emboss It Pen Clear, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen, Stickles - Diamond, Stickles - Holly, YNS Gumdrops - Milk and Cookies - Matte

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E00, E000, R30, R20, Eyes (Sakura Glaze - Black)

Hair and Beard: C3, C1, C0, Colorless Blender

Clothing: R59, R37, R35

Sleigh: R59, R37, R35, C5, C3, C1, E27, E25, E23

Mitts and Scarf: G29, G28, G24

Reindeer: E53, E51, E50, 37, E35, E34, E33, R30, R20

Hoofs and Boots: T9, T7, T5

Rope: Y19, Y17, Y15

Sky: B99, B79, B69, B29, B26, B24

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: