Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Shepherd Boy!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a Christmas card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Young Shepherd - P029 for the image and Oh Holy Night - E070 for the sentiment as part of celebrating Christmas in July this month.  This little shepherd is showing all of his love for his little lamb and sharing the true meaning of Christmas.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". I used a panel from Heartfelt Creations - Festive Winterscapes Collection for the main background as I thought it would go so well with the image and sentiment for this card. I added some U-Line double-sided tape and popped it up onto the base card.

The image and sentiment were both stamped onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using my MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool. The image was stamped with Memento - Tuxedo Black ink and the sentiment was stamped with Memento - Danube Blue ink. The image was coloured in with Copic Markers and then I fussy cut around it leaving a slim white border. I die cut the sentiment after I stamped it using my Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine and Poppystamps - Christmas Quotes dies. I applied U-Line double-sided tape to the back of the sentiment and image and popped them both up onto the background.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Young Shepherd - P029 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Oh Holy Night - E070 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Memento - Danube Blue

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Heartfelt Creations - Festive Winterscapes Collection

Die Cuts: Poppystamps - Christmas Quotes

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R22, R20, Eyes (Sakura Glaze - Black)

Hair: E43

Clothing and Sandals: E89, E87, E84, E81, E25, E23, Y38, Y35, Y32, B91

Staff: E31, E25, E23

Lamb: B60, BV20, T9, T7, T5, E41, E40, C00, R30, R20, Colorless Blender

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: