Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Sparkle & Cheer!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a Christmas slim-line card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Christmas Gofer - TDG003 for the image and Sparkle & Cheer - LDG001 for the sentiment. This little gofer is all set to start decorating his tree for Christmas. With all of this heat right now, snow is sounding pretty good to cool off a bit. LOL!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 4" x 8". I cut the background to be the same size using Creative Memories - Glacier paper and adhered it to the base card using double-sided tape. I die cut Recollections - White Cardstock and Signature Collection by Sara Davies - Glittering Snowflakes cardstock using my Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine and My Favourite Things - Die-namics - Elegant Rectangle Stax dies. I stamped the sentiment onto the white cardstock using Memento - Tuxedo Black ink and my MISTI. Using my die cutting machine again and Waffle Flower - Nesting Square dies, I die cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I stamped the image onto it using Memento - Tuxedo Black ink and my MISTI.

The image was coloured in with Copic markers and then I added snow to the sky using a Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen. For the hat trim and pop-pom, I added Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff and heated it with my Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool to puff up the liquid. I put a little bit of Stickles - Diamond onto my finger and dabbed it across the trim and pom-pom to give them an extra bit of sparkle. Lastly, I added some Stickles - Diamond to the snow. When the Stickles was all dry, I adhered the image to Signature Collection by Sara Davies - Glittering Snowflakes cardstock with double-sided tape and some glue. Using my cutter, I cut a slim border around the image. I ran the sentiment through my Xyron Creative Station and adhered it to the larger die cut. U-line double-sided tape was added behind the 2 pieces and they were both popped up onto the card. Lastly, to finish the card off, I added a few YNS Gumdrops - White Sugar and Sparkle to both sides of the sentiment.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Christmas Gofer - TDG003 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Sparkle & Cheer - LDG001 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Creative Memories - Glacier Paper Pack 12" x 12", Signature Collection by Sara Davies - Glittering Snowflakes, Recollections - White Cardstock

Die Cuts: My Favourite Things - Die-namics - Elegant Rectangle Stax - MFT-1268, Waffle Flower - Nesting Square dies

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine, U-Line double-sided tape, Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen, Stickles - Diamond, YNS Gumdrops - White Sugar and Sparkle, Xyron Creative Station

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Gofer: E49, E47, E27, E25, E23, E21, R30, R20

Hat and Scarf: BG09, BG05, BG02, BG01, C2, C1, C00, Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff, Stickles - Diamond

Baubles: R59, R37, R35, YG17, YG09, YG07, YG05, C3, C2, C0

Snow: B60, B00, Stickles - Diamond

Sky: B99, B97, B95, B93, B91

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: