Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Boo Pals!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a Hallowe'en card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Boo Pals - SS007 for the image and Boo-tiful Day - E233 for the sentiment. Hallowe'en is now only a few months away! Wow! Where has this year gone? Time seems to be flying by so fast!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". I cut the background paper from Recollections - Black cardstock to be the same size as the base card and attached it using double-sided tape. Using My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers and my Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine, I die cut Doodlebug - Pumpkin Party cardstock. I just love these little ghosts. With a finger dauber and Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Villainous Potion, I inked around all of the edges of the die cut. U-Line double-side tape was applied to the back of this piece and I popped it up onto the base card. Using the same cutting machine, I die cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock using Nestabilities Dies - Deckled Rectangles - Large.

I stamped the main image onto the Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card die cut using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it in. I created my own moon shape using a 2" circle mask that I had created earlier with a Fiskars hand punch. The eyes and nose for the cat and ghost were added in using a Sakura Glaze - Black pen. I ran the coloured image through my Xyron Creative Station and attached it to Recollections - Black cardstock. I didn't have a larger die of the same shape, so I put the piece that I had adhered together into my Brother Scan 'N Cut and created a .08" border around it. This created the small black border to make the image pop. The sentiment was stamped onto a scrap piece of Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink and then it was die cut using my cutting machine and Poppystamps - Christmas Quotes. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wilted Violet and a finger dauber were used to go around the die cut.

The card was now ready to assemble. I added U-Line double-sided tape to the back of the frame and sentiment and popped them both up onto the card to finish it off.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Boo Pals - SS007 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Boo-tiful Day - E233 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wilted Violet, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Villainous Potion

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Doodlebug - Pumpkin Party (12" x 12"), Recollections - Black cardstock

Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies - Deckled Rectangles Large (S4-202), Poppystamps - Christmas Quotes

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine, Sakura Glaze - Black, Brother Scan 'N Cut, Xyron Creative Station

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Black Cat: C8, C6, C4, C3, R30, R22, (Eyes and Nose - Sakura Glaze - Black)

Ghost: BV20, C0, Colorless Blender, (Eyes and Nose - Sakura Glaze - Black)

Tombstone: W5, W3, W1, W0, 100

Grass: G99, G94, G21, YG97, YG17

Sky: BV29, BV25, BV23. BV20

Moon: BV23, BV20, C1, C0, C00, Y00, Colorless Blender

Hope you like it and have a spooktacular week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: