Thursday, August 18, 2022

If Friends Were Pumpkins

 Every once and awhile, I like to shake things up in my crafty brain and challenge myself to use a stamp for a different occasion then it was intended for. "Pumpkin Buddies" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps is a Halloween themed stamp but I have chosen to do something different with it and use it for a friendship card. 

Friends come in all shapes and sizes and we sometimes make friends in the most unlikely places so I have paired the pumpkin buddies with the Chubby Pumpkins stamp so it looks like they are in a pumpkin patch. 


                                                    
I stamped the chubby pumpkins (twice) and pumpkin buddies on alcohol marker friendly paper and coloured them with Copic markers. I set the buddies aside, cut the pumpkins out with a stitched rectangle die and added some puffy clouds with a cloud die and distress ink to create the "pumpkin patch" background. Next I coloured the pumpkin buddies and hand fussy cut them leaving a thin white edge. 
I cut some patterned paper from the Pumpkin Spice paper pad by Simple Stories and glued down my layers after mounting them on matching card stock. Next, I masked off the sentiment, stamped each line separately, cut them and put them on matching card stock. I added some twine to the bottom of the card and glued down the sentiment piece and added the second line of the sentiment to the top of the card. Pumpkin buddies are added with foam squares to help them stand off the front of the card and enamel dots finish it off. 

 
Card Recipe 

Stamp: Pumpkin Buddies (TT020), Chubby Pumpkins (J031) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - If Friends Were Pumpkins (G289) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Pumpkin Spice - Simple Stories 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, stitched rectangle die - Your Next Stamp, cloud die - Quickutz, tumbled glass Distress ink, twine, enamel dots 


 Copic Markers:

Pumpkins - Y38 YR16 YR18 Y11 Y18 E34 

E35 E27 E29 YG01 YG03 YG17 BG99

Dog - E30 D31 E43 T4 T6 T8 T9

          Cat - T4 T6 T8 T10 R000 R20

Bat - N4 N6 N8

Ground - C1 C2 C4



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



No comments: