Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Dracula and Friends!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a Hallowe'en card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Bat Friends - TT043 for the image and Special Treat - H234 for the sentiment. I can't believe it's August already and that means it's time to get started on Hallowe'en and Fall cards. This is the first of many to come this month.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of AC Cardstock - White, cut and scored to be 6" x 6". I cut the background to be the same size using Craft Consortium - Happy Haunting paper and adhered it to the base card using double-sided tape. Using my Cuttlebug, I die cut the larger piece for the background using the same paper and Penny Black Creative Dies - Antique Frame. I inked around the base card and die cut using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Villainous Potion. Using the same dies, I die cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card and then stamped the image onto it using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink.

The image was coloured in with Copic markers. I stamped the sentiment using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I inked very lightly over the top of it with some purple that I had left on my brush. Then, I inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Villainous Potion. I added U-Line double-sided tape to the backs of all 3 pieces and then popped them up onto the card. To finish it off, I added some YNS Gumdrops - Spellbound.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Bat Friends - TT043 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Special Treat - H234 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Villainous Potion

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, AC Cardstock - White, Craft Consortium - Happy Haunting (6" x 6")

Die Cuts: Penny Black Creative Dies - Antique Frame 51-937

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, U-Line double-sided tape, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen, YNS Gumdrops - Spellbound

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E00, E000, R30, R20, Eyes (Sakura Glaze - Black)

Hair: C8, C6, C4

Clothing: R59, R37, R35, V09, V06, V04, C8, C6, C4, BV17, BV04

Shoes and Bow Tie: 100, C9, C7, C5, C2

Bats: C9, C7, C5 (Eyes - Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen)

Tree: E29, E25, E23

Sky: N9, V99, V95, V93, V91, BV23, BV20

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: