Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Winter Friends!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a Christmas card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Winter Friends - TT048 for the main image and Jingle All the Way - H040, for the sentiment. Snowmen are one of my favourite images to colour and how adorable is this happy snowman singing to his little friend?

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of 6" x 6" using AC Cardstock - White. I adhered American Crafts - "Kringle and Co" 6 x 6 in. cardstock to the base front. Red and green cardstock were cut to the sizes of 6" x 1.25" and 6" x 1-1/8" from some spare paper I had. I adhered the green to the red using double-sided tape and some glue to allow me to centre it. The combined strip was put through a Xyron Create a Sticker to keep it flat. I added this combined strip to the card approximately a .25" up from the bottom. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Rustic Wilderness was used to ink around all of the edges of the card and it was set aside to dry.

Using my Cuttlebug and paper from Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, I die cut the frame with Gina Marie Designs - Loopy Oval die cuts. The image was stamped onto the die cut using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured in the image and then added the snow in the sky using a Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen. Stickles - Crystal was added to the snow on the ground and along the branches to give it some sparkle.  I set the image to the side to allow the Stickles time to dry.

I cut a piece of Recollections Christmas Ink Jet Printable Glitter Paper to the size of 4" x 1". Using my MISTI once again, I stamped the sentiment onto it using Memento - Tuxedo Black ink and then cut a fish tail on each end. U-Line double sided tape was added to the back of the sentiment and then it was popped up and centred in between the red and green stripe. U-Line double-sided tape was added to the back of the image and it was popped up onto the card above the sentiment once the Stickles had dried. Lastly, I die cut 2 pinecones and some pine leaves using my Cuttlebug and dies from Stampin' UP! - Pretty Pines Thinlets die set. Liquid glue was used to pieced them altogether. I adhered these to the 2 upper corners of the card and then applied some Stickles - Crystal to the leaves to finish off the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Winter Friends - TT048 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Jingle All the Way - H040 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Rustic Wilderness

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, AC Cardstock - White, American Crafts - "Kringle and Co" 6 x 6 in. (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm), Recollections Christmas Ink Jet Printable Glitter Paper

Die Cuts: Gina Marie Designs - Loopy Oval, Stampin' UP! - Pretty Pines Thinlets (141851)

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Stickles - Crystal, Cuttlebug, Xyron Create a Sticker

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Snowman: BV20, B0000, YR68, Y38, Y18, R29, R24, RV00, Colorless Blender

Snowman Hat, Mittens and Scarf: G99, GY67, YG63, YG61, R59, R37, R35

Snowman Boots and Buttons: C9, C7, C5, C3

Bird: R46, R14, R08, Y17

Bird Hat and Scarf: G99, YG67, YG63, R59, R37, R35

Bells: YR27, YR23, Y15, Y11, Y00

Tree Branch and Pines: E29, E25, E23, G49

Snow: BV20, B0000, Colorless Blender, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen, Stickles - Crystal

Sky: B04, B02, B01, B00

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: