Saturday, March 7, 2020

Did Someone Say Spring?

I don't know about anyone else but I am sooo ready for Spring. We have had a taste of it where I live off and on with some days of blue sky and bright, hot spring sun. It has been followed by snow the next day but hey, I will take what I can get!  
"Hangin' Around" from High Hopes makes me think spring! I mean who wouldn't love to just be hangin out on some reeds absorbing some rays <smile> 



After colouring this cutie with alcohol markers, I hand fussy cut him and set him aside. Next I grabbed some inks and brushes to create my background. 
I combined some distress inks for the sky and Stampin' up inks for the sun. I cut a circle die out and temporarily stuck it where I wanted it to be and inked in blue around it. After the sky was done I removed the die cut and added the ink to the sun. 
To keep the inks from blending together and making a green "ring" around the sun I put the negative piece of cardstock I used to cut the circle on top of the circle and added the ink - anything that went over the edge of the circle ended up on the paper instead of the sky! I added some stitched clouds to the sky and some cattail reeds behind him to create some depth in the card. 

Some bright, sunny paper from Lawn Fawn was perfect for my spring feel card. I stamped and added the sentiment and included a fishtail banner in cardstock to help it stand out a bit. Matching ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card. 
  
Card Recipe 
Stamp: Hangin' Around - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Say Spring - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Spring Fling - Lawn Fawn

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, circle die - Quickutz, Distress ink, Stampin' Up ink, reeds die - Cheery Lynn Designs, ribbon - Stampin' Up, enamel dots - Whimsy, fishtail banner die - YNS

Spectrum Noir and Copic Markers : AG1 AG3 AG5 CG4 YG67 JG6 PP1 PP3 PP5 E32 E34 E37 B00 B02 B04

The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the High Hopes blog - we'd love for you to pop by for a visit! Inspiration can also be found on the High Hopes Instagram and Pinterest pages! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: