Thursday, March 12, 2020

Warm Birthday Wishes

This week I am having some fun with "Warm Wishes" from High Hopes to make a birthday card for one of my brothers. We are all at the age where we need more then three candles on our cake, so why not call on your favourite dragon to light the "large" amount of candles we will need this year to light them all at once!?!




I coloured up this fun stamp with alcohol markers and hand fussy cut him leaving a thin white edge. I cut my background pieces to fit my design and used a die cut to cut the balloons. I tried a couple of matching colours for the inset balloons but they just didn't look right so I went with the same colour. 
It is hard to see in the photo but I added clear sparkle pen to the balloons to get the touch of bling I like to add to my cards if I can. 
I stamped the sentiment and mounted it on matching cardstock. I love how the letters are slanted - it looks like the wind from the dragons fire is blowing them around! 
Some matching ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Warm Wishes - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Happy Birthday To You - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Spiffy Speckles - Lawn Fawn
Party Girl - Photo Play 

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, balloon die - Gina Marie Designs, clear Spectrum Sparkle pen, ribbon - Stampin' Up, enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs

Spectrum Noir and Copic Markers : AG1 AG3 AG5 CG1 DG2 Y32 Y34 Y38 YR04 E29 E34 E31 TN1 EB1 C0 C1 

The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the High Hopes blog - we'd love for you to pop by for a visit! Inspiration can also be found on the High Hopes Instagram and Pinterest pages! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: