Thursday, March 5, 2020

Gardeners Know!

"Gardening Gertie" just makes me smile and brings back the most wonderful memories. 
When we were kids my Grandma would come over every spring and design and help plant the flower beds around the house. She had an amazing green thumb and always magically knew what to put where and how many of each so the beds would bloom all season with a multitude of colours. 
I had my own "special job" when Grandma was there to plant and I took it very seriously. I had to put the "magic" blue water in the hole and carefully fill it in with dirt afterwards.
I can say I love flowers just like my Grandma but I can also say I definitely did not inherit her magical green thumb! 



I coloured this fun stamp with alcohol markers and cut it out using an xstitched die. It is hard to see in the photo but I added some stickles to the polka dots on her shirt and glasses. The lenses of her glasses have a touch of glossy accents.

I chose patterned paper from a fall pad from Simple Stories because Grandma often had flowers on her dress when she came to plant. Her dress was often a darker blue but it usually always had some kind of flower print on it. 

I cut some matching blue cardstock to fit and then cut a fun heart flower border. Some rain drop corners, a fun sentiment, ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card. 
  
Card Recipe 
Stamp: Gardening Gertie - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - The Best Dirt - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Hello Fall - Simple Stories

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, xstitched circle die - Gina Marie Designs, cloud die - Quickutz, baby blue ink - Memories Ink, glossy accents, star dust stickles. ribbon - stash, circle die - Kat Scrappiness, heart flower border - YNS, rain drop corner die - Whimsy, enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs

Spectrum Noir and Copic Markers : E00 FS9 E11 R20 B93 B95 B97 RV11 RV32 RV34 C2 C3 C5 Y23 Y35 Y26 YG23 YG63 G99 C1 E41 E41 E43

The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the High Hopes blog - we'd love for you to pop by for a visit! Inspiration can also be found on the High Hopes Instagram and Pinterest pages! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: