Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Coffee!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Drive Thru - TLF026 for the image and Nothing Begins - FLL021 for the sentiment. I don't drink coffee, but I know a lot of people who can't start the day without one! Are you a coffee drinker or a tea drinker like me?

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". To create my background, I started with Creative Memories - Hot Fudge paper cut to the same size as the base card. I adhered this directly to the base. From the same paper, I also made several more cuts. 5.5" x 2-5/8", 5.5" x 1-1/16th" and using my Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, I die cut a rectangle the size of 4.75" x 3.5". With multiple papers from Your Next Stamp - The Perfect Blend, I cut them to the sizes of 5.5" x 4-1/8", 5.5" x 2.5" and 5.5" x 7/8". I inked around all of the edges of the patterned papers with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Ground Espresso.

Using double-sided tape, I layered the papers and centered them onto the card in the following order. Coffee beans, Fudge cardstock, coffee stains, Fudge cardstock and lastly the coffee cups. Once again, I inked around all of the outside edges with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Ground Espresso ink. I added U-Line double-sided tape to the large Fudge cardstock rectangle with an additional smaller layer on the top and bottom and popped it up in the centre of the card.

Using my Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers once again, I die cut a rectangle out of Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card to the size of 4.25" x 3". The image and sentiment were both stamped onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card and the image was coloured in with Copic Markers. I added in a lot of extra bricks to the image to create a solid brick wall. Using my Empress machine again and My Creative Time - Little Gift Tags, I die cut the sentiment. Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Ground Espresso was used to ink around the edges. I added some U-Line double-sided tape to the back of it and popped it up onto the coloured image. Lastly to finish off the card, I added a little pop dot from Gina Marie Designs.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Drive Thru - TLF026 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Nothing Begins - FLL021 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Ground Espresso

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Creative Memories - Hot Fudge (12" x 12"), Your Next Stamp - The Perfect Blend (6" x 6")

Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, My Creative Time - Little Gift Tags (Retired)

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Gnomes: E47, E44, E43, E41, E27, E25, E23, E15, E21, E11, E08, E00, E000, YR18, YR14, B26, B23, B21

Car: R59, R39, R37, R35, C9, C7, C5, C3, C2, C1, B000, Y00, N9, N7, N5

Road: W8, W6, W4

Wall: C2, C1, E97, E19, E08

Window and Signs: T5, T3, T1, T0, Y00, Y000

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: