Thursday, May 26, 2022

Nothing Begins

  I am a coffee lover and for me there is nothing like that first cup of coffee of the day. It is the best tasting coffee of the day for some reason and I have heard my tea drinking friends say the same thing. There is something to be said for the few minutes of quiet time I try to get in the morning, where my brain hasn't gone in to over drive and the to do list for the day is still blank in my head. 

"Sleepy Bear" reminds me of me in the morning....eyes half open and on auto pilot <giggle> although I don't sleep in a night cap! In my world....nothing - including the to do list for the day - begins before coffee. 








I stamped my Sleepy Bear on alcohol marker friendly paper, coloured him with Copic markers and hand fussy cut him with my cuticle scissors and an exacto knife. After running a black marker around the edge to get any white I had missed, I set him aside and went about finding some patterned paper to go with him. Paper from the Sky Mini Collection from 49 & Market was perfect to go with him. The paper that he is on looks like a plain "list" and fits perfectly with my card theme. 

           I cut the paper to fit the A2 size base, inked all the edges with Umber Versa Mark ink and glued the layers down. Before I glued down the main layer he is on I added the die cut word Today to the top......I wanted the blank space around him to look like an empty list. The sentiment was stamped directly on to this piece of patterned paper.  Some enamel dots finish off my card. 
          
Card Recipe 

Stamp: Sleepy Bear (Q107) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Nothing Begins (FLL021) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Sky Mini Collection - 49 & Market


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, today die (retired) - Your Next Stamp, Umber Versa Mark ink, enamel dots


 Copic Markers:

Nose - E23 E25 E27 E29

Body - E33 E35 E57 E29 E30 E31 E43

Clothing - BG72 BG75 N5

Flower- Y11 Y15 Y17 G05 G07 G20 E01 E93 E95

Mug/Slippers - E41 E42 E55    



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



No comments: