Thursday, June 2, 2022

Birthday Girl

 Growing up I always had to share my birthday. My older brother and I are born on the same day, a year apart. We didn't get too many birthday parties but we celebrated with my family and each year we each got to choose either the kind of ice cream or cake........we had some pretty gross combinations some years but we always had fun! 

My little neighbour gets to have birthday parties now and then and when she does she loves to come across the street and show me her dress. "Party Girl" from the "Let's Celebrate" re release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps reminds me of my little neighbour and how excited she is to show me her new dress and for her birthday party.


After stamping on alcohol marker friendly paper and colouring her with Copic markers, I cut her out using a fancy frames die from Craftin' Desert Divas. Clear Spectrum Sparkle pen was added to the balloons and confetti to give it a bit of sparkle.
 I set her aside and cut patterned paper from Craft Consortium to fit my 5.5" x 5.5" card base. I added some ribbon to one piece of the paper and glued it down. 
Next, I stamped the sentiment and cut it out along with a matching piece of card stock using a sentiment strip die from Whimsy stamps, glued it down and added a matching ribbon bow on top of the tip. Some enamel dots finish off my card. 
          
Card Recipe 

Stamp: Party Girl (TDG034) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Happy Birthday Script (FDG028) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Bright Blooms - Craft Consortium


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, sentiment strip - Whimsy Stamps, Fancy Frames die - Craftin' Desert Divas, ribbon, enamel dots, clear Spectrum Sparkle pen 


 Copic Markers:

Skin - E00 E21 E11

Dress - Y13 Y15 YR23 Y26

Mouth/Cheeks - R20 R21

Hair - E43 E44 E47

Balloons - B63 B66    

Stars - Y11 Y15

Confetti - B63



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



No comments: