Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Cat & Mouse Party

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a birthday card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Cat & Mouse Party - TDG036 for the image and Dot Happy Birthday To You! - F065 for the sentiment. These animals are ready to party, are you?

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of AC Cardstock - White paper cut and scored to be 6" x 6". Using my Cuttlebug and My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out, I die cut 3 squares out of Doodlebug Design Inc. - Fairy Tales, Recollections - Spring Inks paper and Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I also used Doodlebug Design Inc. - Fairy Tales 6" x 6" paper for my main background. I applied this directly to the base card using double-sided tape. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough and Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry were both used to go around the edges of the die-cut paper. I applied U-Line double-sided tape to the backs of the aqua coloured square and patterned paper and popped them both up onto the background.

The image and sentiment were both stamped onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using my MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. The image was coloured in with Copic Markers. I die cut the sentiment using my Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine and My Creative Time - Stitched Zig Zag Ties. Copic marker RV06 was used to go around the edges. I attached the coloured image to Recollections - Spring Inks paper using double-sided tape and then cut a slim border around the image. I applied U-Line double-sided tape to the back of this piece and popped it up into the centre of the patterned square. 4 layers of U-Line double-sided tape were attached to the back of the sentiment on the bottom portion and liquid glue was applied to the top. I popped this up onto the card at the bottom. Lastly, to finish the card off, I applied Creative Impressions - Metallic Balloon Brads by adding 2 layers of U-Line double-sided tape. I popped them onto the sentiment and the card and drew in some string for the balloons. Stickles - Star Dust was added to the cake and confetti.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Cat & Mouse Party - TDG036 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Dot Happy Birthday To You! - F065 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, AC Cardstock - White, Doodlebug Design Inc. - Fairy Tales (6" x 6"), Recollections - Spring Inks (12" x 12")

Die Cuts: My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out, My Creative Time - Stitched Zig Zag Ties

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Cuttlebug, Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine, Creative Impressions - Metallic Balloon Brads - Item 90613, Stickles - Star Dust

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Cat: N9, N7, N6, N5, N4, R46, R30, R20

Mouse: E35, E34, E33, E31, E30, R46, R30, R20, R02, R01, R00

Cake, Hat and Confetti: BG57, BG32, RV06, RV04, RV02, RV00, Y17, Y15, Y11, YR15, YR14, YR12, V04, YG07, YG05, YG03

Balloons: BG72, BG57, BG32, BG11, BG000, YR18, YR16, YR12, YR00

Candles: BG32, R46, YR14, Y08, Y04

Plate: BV25, BV23, BV20, BV0000

Background: Y04, Y02, Y00

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: