Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Snowy Smiles!!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a Christmas card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Snowy Smiles - RR003 for the main image. Winter is one of my favourite times of the year and the beauty of fresh snowfalls always make me happy as long as I don't need to shovel. LOL!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of 5.5" x 4.25" using Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock. Crafts - Sparkling Stickers - 02-3068629 was applied to the base card. I cut out Heartfelt Creations - Celebrate the Season Collection paper and inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wilted Violet and a finger dauber. This was popped up onto the base card using U-Line double-sided tape.

The image was stamped using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock. I coloured in the image and then fussy cut around it. With a black marker, I inked around the outside of the image and then added U-Line double-sided tape and popped it up into the centre of the circle on the patterned paper. I applied the Crafts - Sparkling Stickers - 02-3068629 to a scrap piece of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock to match the background base paper.

With my Cuttelbug and Birch Press Designs - Big Joy dies, I die cut the sparkly scrap piece of paper and another scrap piece of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock. I coloured in the larger die cut with Copic markers and then attached the 2 pieces using liquid glue. U-Line double-sided tape was added to the combined piece and it was popped up onto the card under the snowlady.

I cut off the backs to 3 buttons from the Dress It Up - Holiday Collection - It's Cold Outside and then applied Nuvo - Glacier Paste - Pixie Wings to them to give them a purple shimmer. Once the glacier paste was dry, I attached them to the card with liquid glue.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Snowy Smiles - RR003 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wilted Violet

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Heartfelt Creations - Celebrate the Season Collection (12" x 12"), Crafts - Sparkling Stickers - 02-3068629

Die Cuts: Birch Press Designs - Big Joy (57164)

Tools and Embellishments: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Nuvo - Glacier Paste - Pixie Wings, Dress It Up - Holiday Collection - It's Cold Outside

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Snowlady: BV20, B0000, YR68, YR31, YR18, Y38, R59, R35, R30, R21, Colorless Blender

Hat and Scarf: BG72, BG57, BG32, BG11, BG10, BG000, Colorless Blender

Circle Framing Snowlady: V17, V15, V12, BG000

Shadow Die Cut: V17, V15, V12

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: