Thursday, December 1, 2022

Winter Fun

 Last weekend when we got dumped on with snow, I had the pleasure of watching the neighbour's little ones trying to sled down a really tiny hill. It didn't work so well but they had so much fun and I couldn't help but laugh and giggle with them. 

When we were little, we had a very large hill to go sledding on and how we didn't break a limb or tailbone is beyond me! "Let's Go Sledding" from High Hopes brings back some wonderful childhood memories and also reminds me of my neighbours on the weekend. These two seem to have gotten more speed then they thought and have gone straight off the end of the hill instead of down it.....gulp!




                                                                                                                                 

I stamped on alcohol marker friendly paper, coloured these cuties with Copic Markers and hand fussy cut them. My card base is 5"x 5" and patterned paper from Whimsy Stamps was perfect for my background. I cut a few stitched hills to fit and added some tiny trees to help with the perception that they are flying through the air. I used some Prismacolor pencils to add a "track" for where they should have gone down the hill.
A build a banner die with a snowflake from Memory Box and some larger snowflakes cut with a Memory Box die help create my snowy scene. The sentiment was stamped and cut with a fishtail banner die and mounted on matching card stock. Enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Details
Stamps - Let's Go Sledding (TLF032) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Winter Fun (F109)
Patterned Paper - Blurry Flurries

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, stitched hills dies - Whimsy Stamps, Your Next Stamp, build a banner die (retired) - Whimsy Stamps, snowflake dies - Memory Box, fishtail banner die - Your Next Stamp, tree die - Memory Box, Prismacolor Pencils

Copic Markers
Skin - E00 E21 E11 E04
Beards - W0 W1 W2 
Clothing - BG32 BG15 BG49 BG09 V05 V06 V09 C9
Sled - E34 E35 E29
Boots - E23 E25 E27 E29


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!





No comments: