Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Happy Birthday Gnome

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I used Balloon Gnome - SLF016 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the main image and Mini Sentiment Set #1 - HLL001 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment from the new release this month. The mini sentiment comes with 3 more sayings as well, which means you can use this little gnome to make a variety of different cards for multiple occasions. I chose to make a birthday card this time.




To make my card this week, I started out with a simple white card sized at 5.5" x 4.25". Then I used Doodlebug Design Inc. - Fairy Tales paper to create my background rectangles. To do this, I used my Cuttlebug and die cuts from My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers. Then I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wilted Violet and Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peacock Feathers to ink around the edges of the frames. I layered the first 2 layers directly onto the base and also glued the 2 smaller rectangles together. Then I popped up the smaller rectangles with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape.

I stamped the image and sentiment onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Cardstock and then coloured it in with Copic markers. Once completed, I used my Brother Scan and Cut to cut around the image. Then I popped up the image with the 3M VHB - 2 sided tape as well.

To finish the card off, I added some bling using Kraftin Kimmie - Summer Dots,  Kraftin Kimmie - Festive Dots and CC Designs - Dragon Dreams Enamel Dots.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Balloon Gnome - SLF016 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Sentiment: Mini Sentiment Set #1 - HLL001 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wilted Violet, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peacock Feathers
Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Doodlebug Design Inc. - Fairy Tales (6" x 6")
Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers
Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Kraftin Kimmie - Summer Dots, Kraftin Kimmie - Festive DOts, CC Designs - Dragon Dreams Enamel Dots, Brother Scan and Cut

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R22, R20
Beard: W5, W4, W3, W2, W1, W0, W00
Hat and Outfit: BG45, BG18, BG15, V17. V5, V12, V09
Shoes: E27, E25, E23, E21
Balloon: Y08, Y06, Y02, Y000

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.




No comments: